100 North Bellefield Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Charles F. Reynolds III, MD – Mark D. Miller, MD – Jordan F. Karp, MD – Ariel Gildengers, MD
The Late-Life Depression Prevention and Treatment Center offers the following:
- Research studies for depression treatment – age 60 and older
- Research study for treatment of depression and back pain – age 60 and older
- Observational and treatment research study for individuals with bipolar disorder – age 50 and older
- Research study for treatment of Complicated Grief – age 18 to 95
The Late-Life Depression Prevention and Treatment Center benefits both patients and Primary Care Physicians:
- Psychiatric evaluation is offered at no cost.
- Study staff communicates critical clinical information to patient’s Primary Care Physician.
- All visits and medication are provided to the patient at no cost.
- Careful monitoring of grief and depressive symptoms – may save valuable time for PCPs to focus on other medical issues.
What should I do if I am interested in learning more?
- It’s really simple!
- Just call (412) 246-6006.
What can I expect at my first appointment?
- There is no charge to you or your insurance for the evaluation.
- You will spend about two hours with a clinician and/or a study physician.
- You will answer questions about your mood, sleep, energy, interest in activities, etc.